International Students House (ISH) is a charity that enables young people worldwide to achieve their academic aims. We believe every young person should have the opportunity to succeed whatever their background. Together with our university partners and supporters, we provide scholarships opportunities, a safe home and a social programme to enable students to succeed while giving them a place to belong.
Our mission and values hold true to the vision of our founder, Mary Trevelyan, and the beginning of International Student House in 1965. Our friendship, understanding, openness and cooperation are at the core of the ISH experience and underpin everything the charity does.
To transform the futures of students from around the globe by providing a safe community in London that fosters international friendship and positive change.
To provide an affordable home from home for students of different nationalities and diverse cultures, supported by a substantial scholarship programme, with the opportunity to live and learn together in a safe and secure community of mutual respect, understanding, and international friendship.
- Respect – Advocating global friendship and understanding
- Trust & Integrity – Promoting a culture of transparency and accountability
- Support – Providing a welcoming and safe environment
- Growth – Encouraging continuous development
- Excellence – Consistently delivering a high-quality experience