Join International Students House to be part of a charity that promotes international friendship and understanding through provision of accommodation, social and support services for the international student community in London. Integral to our operations are the facilities and services that support the organisation – ISH Venues, 229 The Venue, our bars and restaurant.
Our team will tell you that the best thing about working at ISH is the people. It’s hard to work here and not make instant friends with people from all over the world. As well as our diverse student community, we employ 125 people from 30 countries.
Our company culture is friendly and social, but professional. Whether you’ve joined as a part-time student staff member or are established in your career, we’ll give you the support to develop and make an impact.
- To help students achieve the academic and personal aims and career aspirations that have brought them to the United Kingdom
- To provide the best possible opportunities for international students to experience the many facets of life in the UK and to give them a deeper understanding of British society
- To give British students an opportunity to broaden their horizons through friendship with people from widely differing backgrounds and cultures
- By these means to make an effective contribution to better international relations and global friendship and understanding
- Respect – Advocating global friendship and understanding
- Trust & Integrity – Promoting a culture of transparency and accountability
- Support – Providing a welcoming and safe environment
- Growth – Encouraging continuous development
- Excellence – Consistently delivering a high quality experience
Health Cash Plan - Simply Health
Get cash back on visits to the Dentist, Optician and Physiotherapist and Chiropractor and more through the ISH health cash plan with Simply Health.
We offer a £2.75 meal allowance to staff for use in our subsidised catering facilities, offering healthy meals and drinks.
London Healthy Workplace Charter
ISH was presented with the London Healthy Workplace Charter award in 2017 for creating a healthy workplace for our staff to work in.
Ongoing Health & Wellbeing events
Health & Wellbeing events and initiatives are offered throughout the year, including pilates classes, annual health checks, and mental health awareness.
Pension scheme - SAUL
ISH offers a defined benefits pension, SAUL (Superannuation Arrangements of the University of London), to all employees. Employee contributions are 6% of salary, and employer contributions are 16% of salary. Yes 16%!!!
Travel in London is very expensive so ISH offers a 0% interest loan for an annual travel card to ease the cost.
ISH is made up of a fantastic bunch of people who are committed to providing the best possible experience for our varied customers. Staff are rewarded and recognised for their impact with ISH Stars, as a Values Champion for being a role model for the ISH Values, and for their continued contribution with Long Service Awards.
ISH is a social place, and as well as regular events for students and the general public, our social events for staff include a talent show, summer bbq, and walks in nearby Regent’s Park.